Thanks to Joey at Big Teeth and Clouds for giving me a lazy blog post for today:
1) What have you done/said that made you say, “Wow, I’m becoming my mother!”
I know I’ve had these moments, but I can’t remember anything specific. Maybe it was when I actually started to like listening to Joni Mitchell.
2) Is there anything that you refuse to blog about?
I won’t write anything mean about someone I know, about personal problems going on in my life or anything that could potentially get me fired from my current job or affect my getting hired somewhere else in the future. I try to keep things pretty clean. At least PG-rated at most (and I mean PG of 1985, not PG of 2010.)
3) What did you want to be when you were little… why didn’t you pursue it as you got older (if you didn’t?)
I have a long list: Actress (I got pregnant at 17, put the kibosh on that!), dancer (see “Actress” and I started way too late, anyway), astronaut (yeah, you need math skills and no motion sickness to do that), lawyer (I got over it) and, finally, writer (I AM a writer! Woo hoo!). Although, I’m not yet the kind of writer I want to be, it’s nice that I can make a living using this skill until the day I finally live my novelist dreams.
4) How many blogs do you follow on a regular basis or subscribe to and TRY to follow on a regular basis?
Right now, there are 13 that I read every day (or every day that the blogger posts). There are a few I’d read every day, but the writers aren’t updating and haven’t in a very long time. I read what interests me and catches my attention, so that number could grow. I apologize for not reading every blog of everyone who posts here. I will at least check your blog out, but if you don’t grab me and you’re not a personal friend, well, there are only so many hours in a day.
5) What comes easy for you in life?
Working out and eating healthy. And, apparently, parenting. I don’t know what I did right (I’m asked all the time), but I turned out a pretty darn good kid. Yes, a teenager who doesn’t talk back — EVER! — and does everything she’s asked to do does exist.
6) What’s one way you KNOW you’ll never die? (For instance, I know that I will never die sky diving — because I WILL NOT sky dive.)
I can’t predict the future! I wouldn’t ever voluntarily sky dive, but you never know if you’ll find yourself in a life or death situation. I will say, I probably will not die in a roller coaster accident. I can’t imagine a scenario where I’ll ever have to get on one to save my life and I know I’ll never again get on one voluntarily.
7) Do you have any fears/phobias?
Spiders, although less and less these days. There isn’t much I’m afraid of. It’s a wasted emotion. There’s a difference between caution and fear.
8 ) Do you do volunteer work with your family?
For a little while, Emma and I volunteered at the Humane Society. I need to get back into volunteering.
9) What’s your favorite home cooked meal (and if it sounds good, be prepared to share the recipe!)
Right now, it’s my vegetarian chili. It tastes fabulous and is filling for hours for 412 calories (including 2 cups of chili, 1.5 ounces 2% cheddar cheese and 3 T of light sour cream.)
10) What’s a place you haven’t visited that you wish to — (either as a family or just with your significant other)?
Only one? I have to pick one? I guess if I have to pick only one, it would be England. I’ve always wanted to go there. I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m pretty sure I was British in a former life.